Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Braids can be sweet and sexy. Not many hairstyles can be both at the same time. Thus the appeal. Get it wrong, however, and you can end up looking like a Princess Leia reject from a Star Wars convention and we can't have that now can we?
The details here to focus on are softness and simplicity. You want to frame your face delicately, not create major architecture. Check out Drew, Nicole, Lauren and Peaches above for perfect examples of wearing the braid trend with style. Master this look now and it will take you right into summer. If this looks like too much work to you or your hair is too thin to create a really lovely braid why not cheat with one of Sephora's braided headbands? You'll be trend perfect in nano seconds! Click here to purchase the headband.
Once again Nanette Lepore reinvents ladylike cool and the result is an absolute delight! The collection is filled with the rich jewel tones we all crave when there is a chill in the air.
Friday, February 26, 2010
This find from Yanko Design is quite possibly the coolest vase I have ever laid eyes on. It morphs to suit the type of flower used and your mood. What could be better? http://store.yankodesign.com
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Edited by Keedah
While the east coast continues to battle record snowfalls the Glamarazzi ladies still manage to look fabulous (snow boots and all). In this week's links you'll find runway looks from clothes, to hair and makeup, and even down to your fragrance, guaranteeing to make you look like you just stepped off the catwalk.
- LiAnn at Sparklecrack Central pours water into the ocean with her entry on new media and less-new media and privilege
- Sarah from Glossicious loved this dark,smoky, sexy & OH-SO-MYSTERIOUS Look, Its Diane Von Furstenberg aw/fall10 runway Look Would you Dare wearing it?
- Want to turn your frizzy damaged hair in to luscious locks? Then get the Brazilian Blowout 411.
- Her Goody Bag: Get The Look: Angela Simmons
- Cynthia @ TheStyleAficionado shares tips on how to score designer brand items for less.
- Haute or not: Foley + Corinna’s Cargo
- Zimbio compared Tyra to "General Zod" from "Superman II". What do you think?
- Danielle makes the big chop and leaves relaxed hair behind.
- Glamour Whore introduces you to Sarah Jessica Parker's newest fragrance "SJP NYC"...the quintessential "Carrie Bradshaw/NYC" scent
- Diana at Hot Beauty Health shares how to find women's fragrances that suits you and your style!
- Diary of a Style Addict does some quickie nail art with Rescue Beauty Lounge's Squarepants, Konad stamping and some quick thinking.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Click here to check them out. If the Brazilian blowout sounds like a dream come true but you're not sure where to go to get one, click here for salons.
Update from Jordana Lorraine- stylist and Brazilian Blowout expert:
I have been having Brazilian Blowout done on my hair, and been doing them on my clients, for over a year and a half. It is AMAAAAAZING!
Please allow me to clear up some inaccuracies/misconceptions; I can tell you've done some research, but there is a lot of confusing or conflicting information floating around. Brazilian Blowout is a BRAND NAME, not a category (that would be 'keratin treatment'). Brazilian Blowout has not contained formaldehyde since September 2008, and does not require any waiting period before washing or pulling your hair back.
Those inconveniences are features of other keratin hair treatments, which stylists unfortunately sometimes try to "pass off" as "Brazilian Blowout." If it's the real thing, you should see the logo throughout the salon and have no rules about when you can wash your hair.
This is not to say that other keratin treatments are bad; I do use two others in addition to Brazilian Blowout. But I am always honest with the client about what I am using and why. Most keratin treatments actually require a 72-hour waiting period...that is 3 days. Ouch! To answer your questions about washing your face and showering during that time, I do offer keratin treatment clients shower caps and make-up remover pads at no extra charge.
All in all, Brazilian Blowout is the most popular keratin treatment, as well as the most publicized and the most celebrity-endorsed. Nicole Richie has blogged about it, Lindsay Lohan, Halle Berry and Ashley Tisdale were quick to follow, and more recently Bridget Marquardt and Melanie Brown have had it. BUT there a many salons out there offering "Brazilian Blowout" when they are actually using other products which many contain formaldehyde or other cheap/unsavory ingredients, which may not completely fade out of the hair, and which make you wait to wash it. In other words...BUYER BEWARE. Research your stylist and their product.
If you're in the LA area and would like a Brazilian Blowout from Jordana herself she can be contacted at :http://www.jordanalorraine.com
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Edited By: Iggi
Hello Glamettes!! This week has been a whirlwind of activity: Blizzards, Valentine's Day and NYFW etc... However the Glamarazzi roundup is still filled good and plenty with the best of the best glamour links on the web. Enjoy and remember, we are always happy to consider new members. You can find out more about that HERE
Her Goody Bag: Pastels Trend Alert: Get The Look: Chanel Iman
Make-up/Music/Money/Me: 10 nails, 2 colors, 6 days.
Obsession Isn't Just A Perfume: Is you iPhone too boring to be seen with? Turn it Fashionista!
I Heart Cosmetics: After I hunted down the Michael Kors collection for Estee Lauder on London's Oxford Street there was a Very Hollywood Haul
The Informed Makeup Maven hangs out with fellow Aussie, Napoleon Perdis Backstage at NYFW Fall 2010
The Style Aficionado has noticed a lot of bare faces at New York Fashion Week
LiAnn at Sparklecrack Central posts the first of four rainbow-eye looks, beginning with Qualities: Forgiveness
Hot Beauty Health has Current Fashion Trends
Kurly Bella Product Review: Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask
Glamour Whore takes you along on a MODELCHICK's journey from black to platinum blond.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
If your craving the blood red nails seen on the runway at New York Fashion Week and you've been hoarding your points like I have , now is the time to splash out on the ultimate insider only benefit. Three FULL SIZE bottles from OPI's Classic Color Collection! If you love Sephora and you're not a Beauty Insider member you should be! The perks just keep getting better and better. Click here to sign up now!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Designer Marc Jacobs made history today with the worlds first live fashion show broadcast via the internet. Walking to Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the Fall 2010 was a glorious success. Here are some pictures from the show:
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
If you are sick of seeing the same old fashions in the same old places you need Studio-808, an ultra chic e-boutique chock full of the best items hand picked from the lines of Chicago's best designers. Not sure what to pick? Speak to one of their online stylists for help. Studio-808 is true insider shopping for those who want something a little special. Click here to shop there fabulous e-boutique.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Edited by: Keedah
Fashion Week is finally upon us which means we'll be hyped up on Diet Pepsi or coffee (or both), running on mininal sleep, and bustling from event to event so we can bring you the latest happenings in the fashion industry. And the blizzard that just hit the New York area isnt making it any easier, but alas we make sacrifices for the sake of fashion. Links this week will give you insight on what trends to expect in the next few months. And as always, if you want to join The Glamarazzi you can find the info here.
- Obsession isn't Just a Perfume discovers for the first time in fashion history the fanny pack is cool thanks to an extreme makeover by Kinies. Fanny Pack Fabulous?!?
- From Her Goody Bag...Shoe Therapy: The Transition Great shoes for now and later!
- K is for Kinky shows you the correct way to care for your lingerie...Just in time for V Day
- The Style Aficionado shows you how to revive your dried out creme liner
- And from The Glamour Whore Here's to hoping MAC's latest collection lives up to it's name...
- Project Danielle thinks its a great time to stock up on your favorite drugstore brands at Rite Aid
- Hot Beauty Health brings us Spring 2010 Beauty Trends
- We get a review of Zoya Reverie Nail Polish Collection (part 2) from Polish Swatches
- Retrodiva visits Susan Posnick Cosmetics headquarters and gets a tutorial on how to use mineral makeup
- Makeup Music Money Me shows you what do you do with your gift bags and boxes
- Diary of a Style Addict is looking for a change and found them in Korean Circle Contact lenses.
- Sparkle Crack Central Gives a review of Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascaras
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The fashion world was devastated over the loss of Alexander McQueen who committed suicide earlier this morning over grief due to the loss of this mother three days ago. Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, said: "McQueen influenced a whole generation of designers. His brilliant imagination knew no bounds as he conjured up collection after collection of extraordinary designs." He will be greatly missed.